Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /homepages/25/d277748687/htdocs/mission101media/kiner/wp-content/plugins/contactme/contactmedotcom.php on line 30 Social Media for Dance Studios - Facebook vs. Linkedin - The Let's Talk Dance Blog - Empowering Dancers To Create A Better Quality of Life!
As I promised yesterday, today I’d like to share with you some of the differences and similarities between Facebook and Linkedin. It is important to understand what each social network has to offer you, and the differences between the two. Some of the things I list below are things that came up in the seminar I attended (see yesterday’s post for details), and I also added my own tidbits. Please read below to learn about some of the different features that Facebook and Linkedin have to offer.
– B2B & B2C (business to business and business to customer).
– Business Casual.
– Able to create a Personal Profile Page (can be made private to only share certain information with non-friends).
– Able to create Lists to separate your Facebook friends, and choose who is able to see certain updates.
– Able to create a Fan Page for your dance studio (do not have to
Specify # of employees).
– Able to suggest your dance studio’s fan page to friends, add photos, videos, RSS feed from your blog, join our e-mail list tab, notes, and create events and invite people on Facebook to attend.
– Able to add your Facebook Fan Page box, or a “Like” box to your website or blog.
– Able to create and join groups (please note that some groups are private and you will have to be approved first in order to join).
– Able to see page insights, and statistics for who your fans are, their location, language, age, gender, etc.
– Able to receive updates on how many fans you gain each week, along with the number of interactions for your Fan page.
Please keep these things in mind when creating a profile page, or a company page for your dance studio, and feel free to post any questions here that you may have about using Facebook or Linkedin to promote your dance studio.
Ashani Mfuko is a Social Media Strategist, Digital Marketing Specialist, Award-Winning Blogger, and Professional Dancer. Ashani works with small businesses, corporations, & non-profit organizations as a Social Media Strategist and Digital Marketing Specialist. She creates results-driven, innovative social media strategies that are proven to increase your revenue and catapult your brand to expert status in your niche! She has an extensive track record of creating and implementing successful social media strategies for her clients.
She is also the Host and Executive Producer of the “Inside New York City Dance” television show on MNN, and is a proud wife and new mom.
Ashani has been featured in Dance Magazine, as a “Media Maven”, as well as in Dance Mogul magazine, Inside Woman magazine, & Dance Studio Life magazine, in addition to various dance blogs online. She is the author and creator of the, “Finance Your Dance: How To Turn Your Passion Into Profit“ e-book and workshop, and her dance blog won the Reader’s Choice, “Top Dance Business Blog” of the year award, two years in a row. She is a leader in the field of social media and digital marketing, and is highly sought after as a dance performer and dance teacher in the New York City dance community. Ashani is on staff at the Joffrey Ballet School in New York City, and teaches Advanced Jazz classes for their Jazz & Contemporary program & Ballet program.