One of the greatest battles that we face everyday, is the battle over our mind. There is a constant fight between negative thoughts, and positive thoughts, thoughts that empower and motivate us, and thoughts that paralyze and discourage us. Our thoughts are the key component that determines whether or not we’ll be successful, happy, wealthy, and fulfilled in life.
Fear is the underlying emotion that fuels our negative thoughts. Fear of rejection, failure, the unknown, etc.
A lot of us get stuck in situations that we’re not really happy with, because of fear. Fear is a very powerful emotion, and it can stifle your growth, and paralyze you, if you allow it to take over your thoughts, and your mind.
In order to overcome your fears, you must take action. You must do the very things that you’re afraid to do, even in the midst of your feelings of fear, doubt, and anxiety. It’s the only way.
“Go ahead, face that fear, make that effort, move forward into new territory & fully live the grand possibilities with which you’re blessed.” ~ Ralph Marston
Once you create a habit of acting in spite of, and in the presence of your fears, you begin to grow stronger, and learn to feel the fear, and do it anyway. This is the where you begin to experience unlimited success, abundant blessings, and positive life experiences beyond your wildest dreams. But if that’s the case, why is it so hard for us to get over our fears?
Here are a few reasons:
1. We Like To Be “Comfortable”. As crazy as it sounds, we can sometimes find comfort in our discomfort. We can be in a situation where we’re clearly unhappy, not growing, not being appreciated or loved, but stay there, just because it’s familiar and predictable.
2. The Unknown Is Super Scary (or so we think). Stepping into unknown territory can certainly be scary, but it can also be very exciting and rewarding, so why focus on the negative? The unknown can be the door to new opportunities, and joy and fulfillment that you’ve never experienced before.
3. We Secretly Don’t Believe We’re Good Enough. Don’t believe the lie that everyone else is smarter, more talented, more attractive, younger, more energetic, a better speaker, has more money/resources, or whatever else that negative inner dialogue tries to tell you. It’s simply not true. We all have areas where we are weak, or lack knowledge or skill. But we also have areas where we are really strong, and gifted, and talented, and these are the areas we must focus on developing and growing. You deserve success and prosperity just as much as the next guy, and you are good enough. Actually, you’re great!
“There are gifts you have to give that cannot ever come from anyone else. Don’t let them stay trapped inside you.” ~ via @2thank on Twitter
One of the worse parts of being controlled by your fears is, the world misses out on the unique gift that you have to offer. God created you for a reason, and you have a purpose. In order to fulfill your purpose, you’re going to have to come face to face with fear time and again. Don’t let fear rob you of your purpose, your blessings, or your legacy.
3 Simple Ways To Overcome Your Fears Today:
1. Be Prepared. Accept the reality that, if you’re going to make a real impact in this world, and do anything worthwhile, facing your fears is going to have to become a habit. So, why not be prepared? Write down, practice, and rehearse what you will do when those feelings of fear, doubt, and anxiety start to rise up. Say a prayer, have a bible scripture in mind, say an affirmation, remind yourself of previous successes, call a friend or mentor, or just take a moment to regroup. Just having a strategy for dealing with fear and anxiety will help to reduce it. Be prepared. I enjoy the rain much more, when I have an umbrella, and rain boots on.
2. Take Action. “Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, go out and get busy.” ~ Dale Carnegie. It’s as simple as that. Simple yes, but of course not easy. It’s one of those times where, as they say, you have to take a big girl pill, and just go for it. Don’t stress yourself or feel ashamed of how you feel. Feeling fear and anxiety is completely normal, and it’s something that we all experience, even the really famous, successful people. Everyone feels it, but not everyone takes action. That’s what separates the boys from the men, and the winners from the losers. Period.
3. Visualize The Best And Worst-Case Scenarios. What’s the worst that could happen? Take time to actually play it out in your head. Think about how you would feel, how your life would be affected, etc. Then ask yourself, “Is it really life or death, or could I eventually recover from this worst-case scenario?”. I can promise you that. the answer is always, yes. Then, take the time to visualize and mentally experience your best-case scenario, if you were to face your fear. How does that feel? How is your personal life, career, business, or family affected by it? Let me guess, it’s pretty sweet, right? That’s all the more reason for you to focus on the positive, and feel the fear, and do it anyway.
“Giving in to fear alters God’s best plan for your life, so do what he wants you to…even if you have to do it afraid!” ~ Joyce Meyer
I hope that after reading this post you feel empowered to take action, and realize that you’re not alone. Being an artist, or simply being an individual, and not following the crowd can be very scary. Trying something new? Definitely a little scary. But the rewards of being who you truly are, and boldly walking in your life’s purpose is priceless.
I encourage you to go for it today. Do what you’ve been dreaming of. Take a chance, and face your fears. Joy, fulfillment, success, and satisfaction await you on the other side.
If you found this post helpful and encouraging, please post a comment below, and share this post on Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Google+, or wherever you hang out online. Thanks so much for reading!
Post your comment here!