I’m not going to give you advice on how to make extra money, or save money during this recession. You can figure that out on your own. These are practical ideas, to really improve your life, and the way you feel from day to day, while trying to earn more money, or save money. Here goes…
1) Stay Positive! If there’s one thing we don’t need more of at a time like this, it’s negativity and pessimism. There’s no way that you can have hope for the future, if you’re stuck in the downward spiral of negativity today. Look for the positive aspects of your situation. Hate your job? At least you have one! Unemployed? What a great time to figure out exactly what path you want to take next in life, and develop and cultivate new skills and talents! Broke? At least you’re not hungry and homeless! Hungry and homeless? At least you’re alive and healthy! Everyday brings about new possibilities and opportunities for change.
You get the idea.
2) Do a Self-Evaluation. Look deep into yourself and see just how much power you have over your life/situation. There’s always something in your life that you can improve upon, change, develop, etc. Look for areas that you can put energy into that may better yourself, even if it won’t necessarily change your circumstances immediately.
3) Get rid of waste. Waste can be holding onto anything that isn’t absolutely necessary, or isn’t adding anything good to your life. It could be clutter, old clothes/shoes that you don’t wear (hello, donate them!), things that you waste money on, timewasters, deadbeat friends, or relationships that do more draining than anything else. Life is too short! Make a change today!
4) Focus on the future, not the present. Start planning that vacation that you’re going to take next year. Set goals for how much money you’d like to have in your savings account a year from now. Plan new strategies that you will use on your next job, project, client, etc. Focus on how you’ll handle certain situations in a better way next time around. Recognize how much stronger and wiser you will be in the future, after enduring such tumultuous times.
5) Pray! Need I say more? I think this one is self-explanatory. There comes a point when you realize that you need help that is greater than anything you can muster up within yourself. Prayer is the only answer. (Oh, and faith to believe that God hears your prayer, and will answer it).