- Dance Studio
In case you haven’t noticed, technology has changed everything!! Yes, of course, you say, that’s pretty obvious! Well, believe it or not, there are still many business owners, specifically dance studio owners, who have not fully made the transition into the world of technology. Why is that you ask? Well, I’m sure that there are many reasons, but I believe there are too main reasons: Fear of Change and Lack of Knowledge.
Marketing in the new millennium, social media, connecting with your students, and even parents, to build loyalty and lasting relationships isn’t only possible through in-person contact anymore.
It’s time for innovation, for trying new things. It’s time to put a spin on old methods, and tell your customers what your studio has to offer, get them excited, get them involved, give back to them, and show your appreciation! Here are some ideas to help you along the way. I believe that we can all benefit from the success of others, so why not help each other out? Here we go:
1) Participate in a contest that highlights and recognizes what’s special and unique about your dance studio, like, the “America’s Best Dance Studio Contest”.
2) Have a “Parent of the Month“, not just a student of the month, for parents who pay their tuition on time, or help out with studio events, carpool, etc. Have a “Student of the Month” for things like perfect attendance, most improved, friendliest, etc. Take their picture and put it in a frame that’s posted up in your studio, and have it on your website and in your monthly e-newsletter.
3) Create a Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, or YouTube page that allows you to showcase your studio’s uniqueness and success stories, connect with the students at your dance studio, and also to connect with their friends, your future students.
4) Stay on top of the trends, and latest dance crazes for young people, and use it to create excitement for the classes at your studio i.e., “Do you want to learn how to dance like Quest Crew, the winners of “America’s Best Dance Crew” on MTV? Sign up for our Hip-Hop classes today!”
5) Create a blog for your studio, students/parents, it’s free and it’s easy! http://www.wordpress.com
6) Have a wear your “…… Dance Studio T-Shirt to School Day” to promote your dance studio at local schools.
7) Get involved in your local community and get your students/parents to participate.
8) Volunteer at a local animal shelter.
9) Do a free performance at a local Senior Citizens home.
10) Have a book/toy drive and take your students to visit a local children’s hospital and drop off the books and toys, take photos/videos of the kids and put it on your studio website, YouTube, Facebook, or MySpace page.
Gone are the days of depending strictly on word-of -mouth marketing and advertising in local newspapers or publications.
There’s a whole new world of marketing and advertising out there that’s effective, free, fun, and easy! Get on board, and reap the rewards! Increased enrollment, knowledge about your studio in the local and neighboring communities, I mean, what more could you ask for!
If you want your dance studio to grow in this and any economy, and be successful for many years to come, it’s time to make a change! If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always gotten. Just dive in, there’s nothing to fear but fear itself!
If you liked this article, you should check out, “5 Social Media Marketing Must-Haves for Dance Studios“, and “5 Positive and Powerful Ways to Use Video in Social Media for Dance Studios“.
Post your comment here!